Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas Break Wrap Up

Well Christmas break, we had a good run. :) Tomorrow it is back to school! I am thankful to be blessed with a job that I love and thankful to be given a two week break in the middle of the year to recharge! I am also very thankful that we have a work day tomorrow to get everything ready for the kids!
 
Preparing to get "back to the grind," I tried to get a few things accomplished this weekend that I had wanted to do over the break (and put off until now).  
 
1. I found lots of vegetarian meals and alternatives that I can enjoy. I have been a vegetarian for almost a month now and have found that while I am really enjoying eating meatless meals, it does take a little more planning, creativity,  and prep work. Tonight I had creamy potato soup and caprase-inspired grilled cheese! Yum!

2. I took down all of our Christmas decor and replaced it with our everyday goods. I even made a new "everyday" wreath for our poor naked front door!
 
3. And finally, I started my Nursery Rhyme word problem of the day cards. I will hopefully finish these tonight but if not, I am not too worried about it. I probably won't introduce the "Magic Envelope" until later this week, so I have a few days to get them just right (more on that later). 

While I am looking forward to seeing all of my co-workers tomorrow, I am definitely not looking forward to the early AM wake up and braving the cold weather! Happy 1st Week Back! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment