Thursday, February 20, 2014

Who, me? Wait, What?!?

Great title right? ;) No this is not a post on questioning strategies; that was my response when I found out that I was my school's Teacher of the Year this year!! I am still in shock and total disbelief!

I feel so honored and privileged to even work at such a great school with the most amazing group of teachers! The fact that they voted for me as teacher of the year is completely unreal! I am on cloud 9! I didn't even know I had won until other teachers stared popping in my room and calling me to say congratulations! When I finally got around to checking my e-mail at lunch, I saw this:



 The best part about all of this has to be the amount of love I have been getting from co-workers (both past and present), friends, and family today as  they have found out. I think for all teachers, many days go by when you feel discouraged and unappreciated. After a very long couple of weeks, today has been such a blessing! I hope that all teachers get to feel this amazing amount of love and support at some point. 

Now time to stop blogging and start working on my official teacher of the year essay and documents for the district! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment