Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Happy Earth Day!

We started our one on one end of the year testing this week so needless to say, it's been a little crazy! But that did not stop us from having some Earth Day fun yesterday! 

I decided not to get too deep into the "3 R's" because we do a whole unit on protecting our planet during the month of May. So, to give a basic introduction to some Earth Day concepts,  we read this cute, informative and did I mention FREE Earth Day reader from Sweet Sounds of Kindergarten
original-1206405-1.jpg



Then we did a sort of things we can do that help the Earth and things that hurt the Earth.

We also did this adorable Earth Day writing activity that I have seen all over Pinterist.  I'm not sure where it came from originally but thanks to which ever creative mind came up with this; I just love how they turned out!
"I promise to plant trees, recycle my clothes, I promise to help the Earth by donating clothes, and picking up trash." I have to say, I am pretty proud of my little pre-k friends phonetic spelling! They have come such a long way from learning letter names in September!

Finally we used some of the recyclable materials my kiddos brought in to make these "binoculars." We are going to use them on our field trip to the zoo tomorrow. I cannot wait to watch them looking at all of the animals through these! 

I cannot wait to continue reusing and recycling more materials throughout the month of May! I  hope everyone had a happy Earth Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment