Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What I'm Loving Wednesday

Last week was my first time ever participating in Covered in Glitter and Glue's What I'm Loving Wednesday linky party and I liked it so much, I am back for more this week :)

 

 

So here, in no particular order :) is what I am loving this week!
I am loving the weekends! I mean, who doesn't right?!? Last weekend was a really nice mixture of feeling productive and restful with both family and friends. Usually our weekends are crazy busy or slow and lazy so it is great having the perfect combo of the two :) Here is me with some of my best friends from college that I got to see over the weekend:


It is hard to believe that we have been friends for 10 years now! Where has the time gone?!?

Something else I am loving this week...MOTIVATON!

When it comes to being healthy, I usually eat pretty well but I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't like working out. (Like REALLY!) Then, the other day I saw this post on Instagram:
 
 
 I am not going to lie, it was the #whynotyou hashtag that got me! I thought, "Yeah! Why not me? Why not now? I mean, I do have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to working out. Maybe I should, you know, try one or two of them." :)
 
Now on my own, I get lazy. I say things like, "I didn't sleep that well last night, I will just workout tomorrow." And then what do you know? Tomorrow never comes! And that is exactly why I signed up for the facebook group! Starting July 1st there is a whole facebook group full of people that are there to not only encourage each other, but also to hold each other accountable! If you would like to join me, you can contact @apieceoftheapple on instagram - she is the one who put all of this together!
 
 
So lately I have been seeing a bunch of people post on Instagram that they signed up for "SLANT box". Being fairly new to the "teacher side" of social media, I was like, "What the heck is a SLAT box and why is everyone signing up for it?" Well, after typing #slantbox doing a little research I quickly found out that a SLANT box stands for Sending Love Across the Nation to Teachers - and it is AWESOME! This this amazing idea put together by Jameson over at http://Lessonswithcoffee.blogspot.com/ Basically you sign up, and get paired up with two other educators - one person to send a box to and the other who will send a box to you! It is a great way to meet other teachers and I mean come on, everyone likes getting fun stuff in the mail! If you are interested in more info on SLANT boxes you can go check out the Lessons with Coffee blog here.
 

You can also check out the blogs of the two lovely ladies that I got paired up with here:


and

 
I feel extra nerdy posting this, but I am loving the fact that I am getting a jump start on back to school! It just makes me excited to think that doing some beginning of the school year prep now will make me a little less stressed in August. {Hey, a girl can dream right? ;) }
 
 Since my flash drive with EVERYTHING for school on it broke (tear) I am having to make everything over again! This week I created my "Meet the Teacher" letter, "All about Me" student survey, "Student information survey"(just the facts), a new communication binder cover, and new "ANT rules" to go in the back cover.
 
 


 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info. about SLANT boxes, I can't wait for the next sign-up opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying SLANT for the first time too AND joining Erin's group! Here's to trying new things!

    Nichole
    The Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your post! I especially loved your honesty about working out. Thank you for that! I love free weekends and getting things done for school ahead of time. Thanks for linking up!
    Jessica
    Covered in Glitter and Glue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slant boxes?! What?! I just #hashtaged to see what it was all about- how much fun!! I'm so sorry to hear about your flash drive :( I'm sure you will be able to create such wonderful and fun things!

    ReplyDelete