Monday, July 7, 2014

Made it Monday

As part of my "July Bucket (buckets?) List" I said I wanted to do a few more crafts. Back in the day I used to create stuff all that time. I am not really sure if I just got burnt out and ran out of ideas or if other parts of my life took over my "crafting time" but one day I just stopped making things. 

I love the accomplished feeling of turning nothing into something or totally re-doing something you already have so that you love it again! This week, I redid my old cork board and am linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for my 1st ever made it Monday! 


So I originally bought this cork board when my class was the tigers. I still think it is cute but now that we are the ants, the stripes not only do not go with anything in my room but they also just don't make a whole lot of sense! 


I wanted to use this in my desk area but I did not want to make it "themed". So instead, I just chose some fabric that I liked! I covered the board in fabric (securing it to the back with my handy dandy hot glue gun) and painted the frames. And vola! 


I love the way it came out! Now I just have to find 2 pictures to put in those little frames! It might be a little flashy for some peoples taste but little cork board...

:) Happy Monday Y'all!! 

4 comments:

  1. Ok....yay for your first Monday Made It! So glad you could link up and can I say how stinkin cute that bulletin board is and it matches my room exactly!!!!!! Love it!!! Would love to hear more about how you made it...like how big is the corkboard, then did you glue on the frames??? Love it!
    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to update with more details! Thanks for hosting such a fun link up and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Where did you get your fabric? SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I got it at Hobby Lobby and it was on sale!!

      Delete