Monday, July 21, 2014

Made it Monday


Well I am back to link up with the fabulous 4th Grade Frolics for another Made it Monday! 

This past week I did not really make anything for the classroom (and the countdown for back to school is on - eek!) but I have made a few gifts and some yummy healthy food! 

I even attempted my first freebie via google docs :) We shall see how that goes... 


This first little somethin somethin was for one of my best friend's housewarming party. Well actually, she insisted that it was not a housewarming party and that it was a "Hey everyone come see this house we bought and swim in our pool!!" party and insisted on no gifts! Who doesn't want gifts?!? 

Well I did not want to go against her wishes but I wasn't about to show up empty handed either! So I compromised... I made her favorite cookies in a pretty cute jar, if I do say so myself :) 



In hindsight, I wish I had put a bow on the top but eh, what are ya gonna do? 


My next made it was a belated birthday gift for my "baby" brother. We couldn't get together on his actual b-day due to conflicting work schedules but here is us FINALLY celebrating at my parents' house last night:

After my brother shaved his head everyone says we looks alike. Thanks...I guess? (I still don't see it!) 

Aaaaanyway, I don't know about anyone else out there, but the men in my family are notoriously difficult to shop for. I considered about 5 different things to get him before finally going with something I knew he would love....CASH! :) 

Now I feel bad giving cash because while I think everyone enjoys receiving it, it just doesn't strike me as that thoughtful of a gift. It's like, "Here, I like you enough to take the 2 minutes to stop by an ATM on the way here to get this for you." Whomp whomp...

So to jazz it up a bit, I went to everyone's #1 source of inspiration: PINTEREST! I am sure everyone has probably seen this idea by now, but I love the "something special hidden inside a jar of candy" tick. And by trick of course I mean gift ;) 

Here is mine: 

Aaaand because I am totally lame creative, I decided to rev it up a bit by adding a little riddle to the tag:


I love this idea so much because you can use it for ANY kind of gift (Christmas, graduation, anniversary, just because, etc) and there are so many different things you could hide inside (concert tickets, plane tickets, event tickets, maybe a gift card - although not in the tube, jewelry...)

If you like the little card I made, you can get it by clicking on the picture (fingers crossed)! I have that blue tag and then a pink tag as well. :) 

***This is my 1st attempt at using google docs so if you try and click it and it doesn't work, please let me know!!***

While I was out getting candy for the brother I of course had to get candy for the hubster too:


He gets cheesy notes and puns from me all of the time so he is pretty used to it :) 


My last made it of the week is actually a recipe I found on pinterest and I am really excited about! I am not really a "breakfast person" so when I find a food I can easily have for breakfast and that will keep me somewhat satisfied until lunch, it makes me happy happy happy! 

Here are my yummy little Mini Veggie Frattatas that I made and they are sooo good!! 

Ok ok I know I am no food photographer so please don't judge the recipe by my horrible picture! I promise you they taste reallllly good!

 Just take this into consideration - super easy to make, make them Sunday and store them in the fridge for the week, and you have a nice, warm, filling breakfast every morning after only 20 seconds in the microwave! 

Have I sold you yet? ;)

Be forewarned though, if you are not a fan of goat cheese you might not like these (and we probably can't be friends...jk I will probably still like you!). Now I am no chef, but I bet if there is another type of soft cheese you do like, it would probably work just as well...but don't hold me to that! 

You can find the recipe for these little guys by clicking here

Hopefully I will have a few more school related "made its" to post this time next week and can finally start checking some things off of my ever growing to do list

4 comments:

  1. Those frattatas look DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! YUMMMMMMM
    Lori
    Mixing it up in Middle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You had a busy week! I am not going to lie...can't do goat cheese. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love goat cheese, so I will definitely be checking out the recipe for those frittatas. Thanks for the tag to attach to the birthday candy!
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm those Frattatas look yummy! I actually like goat cheese, especially since it's not something I eat all the time, so it's nice to mix it up with something new! I like the idea of putting money in the candy jars too, it definitely adds a little something to gifts!

    Emily
    Love and the Librarian

    ReplyDelete